Friday, March 7, 2008

what a week!

So I have been sick now for a week and 1 day. I sound terrible which is great for the sympathy vote but a little hard on the vocals. I return phone calls at work and get "...are you sick?" in that kind of incredulous tone. I suppose some wonder if I just have a gravely, deep voice all the time!

My wonderful son has been in town for a conference all week. Unfortunately he is busy from before I arise until late at night but still just having him in our home again is very warm and comforting. He even got to meet a person who has been a source of inspiration to him...Lance Armstrong, but I will let him tell all about that.

I now have a web cam but when i turn it on and see myself I wonder if I will ever be able to use it! Oh, well...the grandkids don't care what I look like, right?

For Christmas my precious Peach created a note pad for me. She had her mother curl her hair, she put on her favorite princess costume then found her favorite spot in her room and had her picture taken. Then she designed the layout and wahla...my very own Princess Peach note pad.

Pretty cute, huh?

I am enjoying my new job. It is very detail oriented and that part can drive you to drink coke...although I have only succomed to caffeine free :)
It's amazing to work with people and see all the many types of personalities that exist. There are those who know exactly what they want and those who change their minds 1,000 times, but the hardest are the ones who don't have a clue and just kind of sit there after you go over all the options.

And the vast variety in tastes is stunning! I have learned not to state my bias because in the end it turns out they love what you hate. This would be hard for people who have a great sense of and taste for the most stylish! Fortunately I am not one of those.

A thought for the day: "Oh, it is wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father loves us—even with all our flaws! His love is such that even should we give up on ourselves, He never will." Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

Have a great one!