Sunday, March 16, 2008

The day after 59!

I am still here! Just think....only 11 more years and I will be 70. HUH???
Mike and I went to Tuscany for dinner. Thanks to Dave and Kathie and the women I work with we had a delightful evening. The snow added to the majestic feeling of it all. It was a good day.

This morning I was trying to focus on preparing for my Primary lesson but I got distracted. I had fasted and prayed today for the ability to prepare and teach well and be inspired as to how I could help my little ones learn what Heavenly Father wanted them to learn. Then I got distracted and didn't focus until an hour before I needed to get ready for church. I was very frustrated with myself and I told Heavenly Father that under the circumstances He didn't need to honor my fasting. I went to church a bit despondent. When I opened the program I noticed that the Sacrament song was my very favorite..."In Remembrance of Thy Suffering." I have had the experience on more than one occassion of feeling down and upon arriving at church noticing the same Sacrament hymn. It is a tender mercy from Father letting me know He is mindful of and loves me. I felt humbled and realized that He is anxious to bless us and sometimes (often) we (I) are (am) too hard on ourselves. And guess what!!!! My class was amazing! Better than they have ever been. Now this doesn't mean that I can go on being distracted rather than focused on what should be a priority, but it isnpires me to want to be better; to continue to try to draw nearer to Father and to server Him well. Next week I will focus on what matters most....like getting to bed at a decent time so I can serve Him and those I love and care about better. So goodnight!!!!!!
Hugs!

1 comment:

beth said...

I love that you shared that experience. I need to come to your institute class.