Saturday, March 29, 2008

I know...

I'm boring. Yes, I get that. Go to work, come home exhausted. Doesn't leave much to write about. I was reading obits yesterday (something we do as we get older) and found two disturbing ones. First is a man in our stake who was 35 years old. He had a massive stroke. He leaves behind his wife and 3 boys ages 3, 8 and 11. My son is a year older than Joe. Couple that with my daughter-in-law's brother who passed away in November at age 39 and it's a bit frightening. The second was the father of one of my students at Viewmont. He was 66. I am 59. You do the math.

Ok this is a bit dreary! let's cheer this up a notch. The other night I was flipping through channels and found U2 Rattle and Hum. That music reminds me of my son in high school. It brings a spring to my step and I love to sing along. My daughter's imitation of me singing U2 is hilarious. She insists I sing it opera style. NAW!

I was delighted to have my son ask me if I own Wrecking Ball by Emmy lou Harris. One of my favorite albums ever. It is full of thought provoking songs and very sing-along-able! It happens to be in my car CD player right now. Wow...a bridge over the generation gap!!!

I am excited for conference next week. It always lifts me. In preparation for it here is a thought taken from a talk Elder Faust had prepared prior to his death and which was included in the last conference issue: "Each new day that dawns can be a new day for us to begin to change. We can change our environment. We can change our lives by substituting new habits for old. We can mold our character and future by purer thoughts and nobler actions. As someone once said 'The possibility of change is always there, with its hidden promise of peace, happiness, and a better way of life.'"

With that in mind I am going to go walk!!!!!
Make it a great one.

2 comments:

beth said...

I am really excited for Conference with our new Prophet! Are you going to to Conference Center for any of the sessions?

Gramma Cyddie said...

Did not get to conference but watched from my couch. LOVED it.