Saturday, March 8, 2008

It was 40 years ago today...


Mike and I had our first date. Yes, it's true. We were 18 years old and freshmen at BYU (GO COUGARS!!). Wanna know what we did? I know you do. I asked him out. I had a friend who lived in Ogden (I knew her when I was in Jr. high in Seattle) who was getting married. I asked Mike to go (and drive of course since I didn't have transportation) and we took my roomie and her boyfriend. After the reception we went to Aunt Hilda's and played pool. I didn't know a thing about how to play so Mike had to show me how to hold a cue...yep! He had to put his arms around me to do so :)
The 4 of us had to squeeze in to the front of his little Ford truck (it was dripping cold water on my feet but who cared!!!). All in all i would say it was a pretty great date. By the way, I asked him out on our second date but he broke his leg skiing that day and had to cancel :(

What a hottie, eh!!!!

3 comments:

Stephenson and Katie said...

Wow- you guys are both hotties!! Love the pics, and the cute story!!

mandi said...

I don't think you ever told me that one. .. or I never listened if you did. :) hee hee

LilyBeez said...

WOW thats like David with darker hair! Amazing pictures.