Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter....I think!

It's always awkard when someone asks me how a holiday was that i spent alone. I pause and wonder if I should just say "it was great, how about yours?" or if I should tell the truth. You know me, I opt for the truth every time. "Well", I say, "it was fine. I taught my primary class and then studied for my institute lesson." It's not that I feel sorry for myself because I really don't. I am used to it and it really doesn't bother me....until I hear about eveyone else being with family. I do miss the wonderful celebrations we had at mom and dad's for years. I miss my family. But mostly I just don't think about it. I am grateful everyone is having a great day and I make the most of mine. I took mom an Easter Lily and some of her favorite chicken salad and rolls from the Lion House. Times have changed!
I enjoyed thinking of our Savior and his amazing love and sacrifice for us. I pondered on his intimate, personal love for me and for each of you. That brings great joy and peace.
Thought for today:
"No repentant sinner or innocent sufferer will ever be alone in that suffering. We will not and cannot ever face a trial or sickness, transgression or trouble that He does not comprehend and understand. All these things He suffered vicariously; thus He became our advocate not only in repentance but also in trial." Vaughn Featherstone

3 comments:

beth said...

Sorry you were alone Cyddie! I should have invited you to spend with us. Glad you had a nice and reflective day.

The Parks Fam said...

CYD!!! i am calling you every holiday to have you come over for some family time! You have plenty of family here who WANT your company...No more Easter dinner alone, or any other holiday for that matter! Thanks for the thought I love reading them!! Love you Cyd!

Gramma Cyddie said...

Ahhh you are so sweet! I love you too! and thanks Beth as well. Really i was fine!