Monday, December 15, 2008

long, long time

I realize that i use my blog merely to check if others have updated theirs! Silly.
If it wasn't for the Philly grandkids being in town over Thanksgiving our home would not be decorated for Christmas! IMM especially loved opening the box of every figurine (and there are many!). I am very grateful because every night I sit and look at how pretty it all looks. Hooray for grandkids. Hooray for Christmas!
I took mom to our stake Christmas program. There were bell ringers, a brass ensemble, primary choir, youth choir, adult choir, and harp ensemble. It was wonderful and mom loved it. She was especially thrilled when Elder Hales came to her to shake her hand. I had told him my mom wanted to meet him. I went to get her but by the time I fought the crowds to get to her with her wheelchair there he was shaking her hand. He had come to her. that's just how he is. I had my own personal experience years ago with him in a similar situation. He helps you feel Father's love!

4 comments:

The Parks Fam said...

I bet the kids LOVED helping you decorate! It all looks great. and how great that Grandma got to go to your program and meet Elder Hales..i bet she was beyond thrilled!! Hope your doing well and that we see you soon!!!

beth said...

I love the nativity sets you have! Beautiful!

Gramma Cyddie said...

I actually have 9 nativities! I want a few more but no where to put them!

mandi said...

It is so sad that I don't even recognize half of your decorations. I need to go lay down.