Monday, January 21, 2008

Sunday, sweet Sunday!

The day stared great as I drove out to Riverton to listen to Jeremy speak in church about his missionary experiences in Brazil. It took about 30 minutes to get there which gave me time to ponder a bit on my talk. It always is so much better in my head than when I sit down to write it out!

Hearing the strength and conviction of Jer's testimony and the great experiences he had was inspiring. It was wonderful to see the family as well. They sang a beautiful number together in the meeting. Had to stop by the house to say "hi" to all and to see the new flooring. It's beautiful!

Came home and made some last minute adjustments to my talk. I knew I would speak last so would only have 5 to 10 minutes. Who knew the wonderful man before me would take 1/2 hour. He gave a great talk and I thought it would be great if I just didn't give mine since there was about 3 minutes left. But apparently I was the only one who felt that way!!! I had prepared a short talk so only had to cut about a paragraph. I guess it went well...so I am told though can you really believe people who are always nothing but nice and supportive?

Went to Primary and it was kind of a disaster! Well, every week can't be great I guess. They are just so darn cute but I am truly out of my element.

If it snows like its' supposed to tomorrow I am going to stay in my PJ's and wrap myself in a blanket and read a good book. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

beth said...

Glad you came out yesterday. And good thing it wasn't snowing yesterday like it is today! So you must be getting ready to read that book by now!!

Director Sportif said...

When are you going to post something about your support for President Obama?

Stephenson and Katie said...

Cyd I love the wedding pics you posted! You look a lot like my mom in them- wierd, no relation ;) Hope you had fun reading today!! Wish I could have done that...

Gramma Cyddie said...

you know what's really funny? I looked at a picture of you and thought it was me (a long, long time ago of course!)