Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy 60th to me!

So ever since Peach was tiny we have had this thing have done and now do with all the grandkids.  When we leave one another we make the signs for "I" "love" "you".  We don't do the single sign we sign each word.  for my birthday Mandi sent me the following pictures in a frame so they are side by side:



How cute is that!!!  JNJ wasn't quite getting it but Peach said his finger needed to bend like Gramma's.  My pointer is the one that I had fused so it is always curved. :)
Yesterday my daughter called and left me a message: "Hi mom.  I just wanted to talk to you one more time before you are really, really really, really  old!  Thanks precious!!!  
My son and his family sent me a GC to Amazon to help my buy an itouch.  When it came I didn't even look at who sent it.  I was thinking Amazon was sending me a really generous reward for past purchases.  I already had a $25 reward waiting to be used so I came right in and got on the computer and ordered my itouch for $75 off.  Today when I talked with him my son asked me if I got the gift card.  I said that I hadn't but that I had already ordered the itouch.  He felt bad that I hadn't been able to use the gift card he sent.  As we talked I told him how I had received a $50 reward card from Amazon.  The lightbulb went on just as I realized that the "reward"card was for the same amount as his gift card and he said "that was from us!"  I went to the trash and sure enough it said "Happy Birthday love D/J/I./A/E/A"  I was so excited to have it that I didn't even see that part!  how silly of me.  So the itouch is on it's way.  Precious M also sent me $ and at work we always put $5 each in a card for whoever is having a birthday.  with that money I think I will buy the Brighton watch I have been wanting.
Friday I called Parsons to order myself a cake.  Mike had been out of town and wouldn't be home until late.  I told the clerk to put "happy birthday Cyd" on the cake and that I would pick it up at 3.  Then she said "what is your name?"  I thought "oh, no.  Now I have to tell her I am buying it for myself!!!  I tried to think about a good fake name I could use but went blank so just said "Cyd."  But my sweet husband actually brought me a cake froma quaint little bakery in Philly where he was on a layover!  I should have had a little faith!
Thanks everyone for a great birthday!



5 comments:

Stephenson and Katie said...

Happy Birthday! Honestly- you don't look a day over 40! I hope I get your genes and age well.... And next year no buying your own cake! HA!

Gramma Cyddie said...

Thank you!!!! Yeah, I've learned my lesson!

mandi said...

I always have them write Happy Birthday to ME! on the cake. NO questions there. I'm glad you got your apple AND your brighton. 60 is looking REALLY good to you!

The Parks Fam said...

Happy happy Birthday Cyd!! sounds like you got some fabulous gifts. Too funny about the birthday cake. I remember getting my own cake for my birthday last year. Gotta love it!

Bri said...

Happy Happy Birthday Auntie Cyddie. We all love you.
~the Wilsons