Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Thursday!!

I cannot recall ever seeing Sheri Dew get emotional when teaching. Tuesday night she did as she expressed the following thought.

She said that with the current financial and political climate it is easy to begin to listen more to the voices of those on Wall Street and in politics than to listen to the voice of Thomas S. Monson. Those in government and on Wall Street are sometimes right and sometimes wrong. President Monson is always right for he is led by God.

She then quoted the following said by Nephi:

2 Nephi 4:34 O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.

35 Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen.

It was a powerful reminder in Whom we must put our trust and to be careful not to get caught up in the things of this world to where we don’t hear the voice of our Father for us and our families. How grateful I am that I know my Father lives and loves me, and that He has provided a Prophet for us who will never be allowed to lead us astray. He also gives each of us personal revelation for our lives and the lives of our family members. We can make a difference in this world and in our country by being true to who we really are…His children.

Hugs.

3 comments:

mandi said...

I forwarded this to my whole address book. thank you mommy!

beth said...

That is a wonderful thought and reminder!! I've been worried about both politics and economics, but this reminds me that Heavenly Father has the answers.

The Parks Fam said...

I love this...Sheri Dew is amazing and every bit of this is soo true. Thanks for posting!!